The decision of buying land is not easy. Many factors need to be considered when purchasing land, and among them, legal aspects play a major role; especially when the ownership of the property is being transferred. When a piece of land is sold, the buyer or their representative needs to register it under the new owner’s name. It is one of the first legal steps that need to be taken. While the land registration process in Bangladesh may seem daunting and complex from afar, it follows a strict procedure that is easy to follow once you know how it goes. That is why we have created an easy to understand infographic that shows all the steps required to complete the land registration process in BD.
Land Registration Process in Bangladesh
- Confirm the Record of Rights from the Land Office of Ministry of Land
- Conduct a mutation of property
- Obtain inspection for RS mutation
- Obtain the Non-Encumbrance Certificate (NEC) from the sub-registry office
- Prepare deed of transfer and pay stamp duty
- Pay necessary taxes, fees, and VAT at a designated bank
- Apply for registration at the sub-registry
- Register the change in ownership at the Land Revenue Office
That’s it! Seeing the entire process on a simple and easy to follow infographic makes it less intimidating. However, Bproperty will be with you every step of the way, including helping you in completing the land registration process in Bangladesh.