The kitchen is an integral part of our house, but it is also one of the most frequently used areas of the house. Meaning, your kitchen gets more exposer than any other area. That is why the kitchen needs to be as functional as it needs to be aesthetic. And that’s where kitchen cabinets come to play. Kitchen cabinets add functionality and keep it tidy as well as enhances the beauty of the area. That being said, here are five different types of kitchen cabinets depending on the design style that you will love.
Shaker style cabinet
Shaker-style cabinets are one of the most popular types of kitchen cabinets. They are suitable for any type of kitchen. The door and drawer of the shaker-style cabinet are flat which creates a more traditional and classy look for your kitchen. Cabinets of this style can be of any material and color. But if you want to customize them, there are plenty of stunning color schemes for the cabinets as well.
- This kitchen cabinet style can suit any type of kitchen
- Due to their high popularity, this type of kitchen is easily available
- The flat surface of the cabinet has thin panels as a result there is a high possibility for them to collect dirt. Meaning, you will have to spend more time maintaining them otherwise, you will have a hard time cleaning them especially once the dirt settles.
For their flat-panel design, slab cabinet is amongst the sleekest types of kitchen cabinets. Many people also prefer slab cabinets for their simple look. And it takes less time to build one. They are very easy to clean as well.
- The slab style kitchen cabinet is quite popular due to its affordability and simplistic design
- You can get them in unique colors
- It is easier to keep the cabinet clean
- Since the front of this cabinet is flat, it won’t be very eye-catchy.
Also known as the open frame door, the glass-front kitchen cabinet is different from other types of kitchen cabinets. Combinedly they act more like a showcase than cabinets. If you want to exhibit crockery in your cabinets in a more stylish way, then opting for glass-front cabinets can be a great idea.
Cabinets of this style, however, are not installed throughout the entire kitchen. These types of kitchen cabinets are more suitable for corner use; in the kitchen or in the dining room. However, you can install a shaker-style cabinet on one side of the kitchen and a glass-front cabinet on the other side to make the kitchen area more attractive.
- Innovative design
- Provides protection for glass crockery from dust
- Spotlight installing facility inside the cabinet
- More prone to damage due to day-to-day usage
- Since the inside of the cabinet can be seen from the outside, the inside of the cabinet must always be kept clean.
- You need multiple cleaning solutions to clean the cabinet
- Relatively expensive
Lovard style cabinet
Louvered style cabinets can be a great choice if you want to bring a different look to your kitchen. Many louvered doors have spaces between each slat, making them great for cabinets that require ventilation.
- Add a distinct architectural style
- Offer more space
- Air can flow in and out easily
- Keeping it clean is a hassle (NB here are some useful kitchen cleaning tips to make your life easy)
- Cabinets can become very dusty
- Expensive and not suitable for all types of kitchens
As the name implies these cabinets are made of plywood. Like the Shaker-style cabinets, this type of cabinet also suits any type of kitchen. Plywood cabinets also cost less than any wooden cabinets but are more durable.
- Tolerant of heat and humidity
- Offer great finish
- Affordable to make
- Not very durable and will last less compared to other types of kitchen cabinets
Kitchen cabinets are essential to keep things tidy around the kitchen. They also have the capacity to become a statement piece and enhance the aesthetics of the kitchen. But when you are thinking of installing kitchen cabinets in your kitchen, it is important to have a good understanding of the most popular types of kitchen cabinets and their pros and cons.
Want to design your kitchen? Why not try it out yourself with the help of Bproperty Interior. Contact us to make your space look the way you always wanted!